Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Renewal (1 Day – 6 Hours)
This class is designed to re-certify medical professionals as ACLS Providers and to renew their skills in the management of cardiac arrest. Participants will gain hands-on experience in Code management during the practice sessions.
NON-HPMC Employees: For course registration, requirements, Fees, location, etc., please Contact Safety Training Plus at (888)795-6683 or visit their website at safetytrainingplus.net
REQUIREMENTS - You will NOT be admitted to class without proof of the following:
- Pre registration
- 2015-2016 ACLS Textbook must be obtained and reviewed prior to attending class. Books may be purchased online at: http://aha.channing-bete.com, http://www.eworldpoint.com, http://www.amazon.com/ or http://www.barnesandnoble.com IT IS THE EMPLOYEE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO PURCHASE A BOOK PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED CLASS DATE. The Education Department does not provide books.
- Current (not expired)ACLS card
- Completion for the Pre-test, available @ www.heart.org/eccstudent. Click on “Precourse Assessment” Code word: compression
- Director Approval Form (Download Here) with $100.00 deposit (Check Only) Payable to: Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. Form must be submitted 72 hours prior to class date.
- Employees must dress appropriately following HPMC dress code policy.
- Fee: No charge if required by dept/Unit.
CLARIFICATION OF HPMC REIMBURSEMENT FOR ALL MANDATORY CLASSES (e.g. BLS, ACLS, NRP, PALS, FIRE CLASS) NOT TAKEN AT HPMC: PER THE CBA (Article 18 Section E): HPMC WILL ONLY REIMBURSE STAFF FOR MANDATORY CLASSES IF TAKEN AT THE FACILITY)
Please remember the following:
1. the class schedule for Education classes is posted on the website for the entire calendar year.
2. It is YOUR responsibility to know when the cards you need for your position expire!!
Safety Training Plus
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Doctors Tower, Level A
Using the Calendar found by clicking this link, navigate to the date of the class you are signing up for and complete the registration form online. You are required to complete registration at least 2 weeks prior to class date.