Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers / Renewal
This course is designed to prepare the healthcare professional in Basic Life Support according to the American Heart Association guidelines. Review of materials, skills stations and written test must be completed.
NON-HPMC Employees: For course registration, requirements, Fees, location, etc., please Contact Safety Training Plus at (888)795-6683 or visit their website at safetytrainingplus.net
REQUIREMENTS - You will NOT be admitted to class without proof of the following:
- Pre registration
- Current (not expired) BLS card,
- 2015-2016 BLS textbook should be obtained and reviewed prior to attending class. Books may be purchased online at http://aha.channing-bete.com, http://www.eworldpoint.com, http://www.amazon.com/ or http://www.barnesandnoble.com IT IS THE EMPLOYEE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO PURCHASE A BOOK PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED CLASS DATE. The Education Department does not provide books.
- Completed the BLS Pretest “download pre-test.” write your answers on a separate sheet of paper and bring the paper with you on the day of the class.
- Director Approval Form with $100.00 deposit (Check Only) Payable to: Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. Form must be submitted 72 hours prior to class date.
- Employees must dress appropriately following HPMC dress code policy.
- Fee: No charge if required by dept/Unit.
CLARIFICATION OF HPMC REIMBURSEMENT FOR ALL MANDATORY CLASSES (e.g. BLS, ACLS, NRP, PALS, FIRE CLASS) NOT TAKEN AT HPMC:PER THE CBA (Article 18 Section E): HPMC WILL ONLY REIMBURSE STAFF FOR MANDATORY CLASSES IF TAKEN AT THE FACILITY)
Please remember the following:
1. the class schedule for Education classes is posted on the website for the entire calendar year.
2. It is YOUR responsibility to know when the cards you need for your position expire!!
Safety Training Plus
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Doctors Tower, Level A
Using the Calendar found by clicking this link, navigate to the date of the class you are signing up for and complete the registration form online. You are required to complete registration at least 2 weeks prior to class date.