Pediatric Advanced Life Support - Renewal (1 Day)
This class is designed to re-certify healthcare professionals as PALS providers and to renew their skill in the areas of cardiac arrest, shock, resuscitation and airway management in infants and children. The lectures, skill stations and test adhere to the guidelines of the American Heart Association
You will NOT be admitted to class without proof of the following:
- Pre registration,
- Pals Textbook (2010) should be obtained and reviewed prior to attending class. Books may be purchased online at http://aha.channing-bete.com, http://www.eworldpoint.com, http://www.amazon.com/ or http://www.barnesandnoble.com IT IS THE EMPLOYEE’S RESPONSIBILITY TO PURCHASE A BOOK PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED CLASS DATE. The Education Department does not provide books.
- current (not expired) Pals card
- Completion of the Pre-test, available @ www.heart.org/eccstudent. Click on “Pre-course Assessment” Code word: pals15
- Director Approval Form
- $100.00 deposit (Check Only) Payable to: Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Safety Training Plus
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
Doctors Tower, Level A
- No charge if required by dept/unit. ** (Director signature required).
- Obtain the Director Approval Form from the Education Department (or download it here).
- The Director Approval Form must be submitted prior to the class date. Any forms brought in on the day of the class or after, for submission, will not be accepted.
Non HPMC Employees: Contact Safety Training Plus 888-795-6683-safetytrainingplus.net
Using the Calendar found by clicking this link, navigate to the date of the class you are signing up for and complete the registration form online. You are required to complete registration at least 2 weeks prior to class date.