Patient & Visitor Guide
Patient Relations Phone: (323) 644-4402
Patient Relations at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center is designed to create positive relationships and champion patient rights along with providing practical and emotional support for each individual patient and their family.
Patient Relations Coordinator
- Provides a link between the hospital, patients and families.
- Provides a formal process for investigation and resolution of the patient’s concerns.
- Provides information about resources both inside and outside of the hospital.
- Assists with understanding the hospital’s environment.
- Makes recommendations for improvement based on patient and family feedback.
- Facilitates effective communication between the healthcare provider (physician, nurse, ancillary technicians, etc.) and the patient and/or family who does not speak English.
- Ensures the patient understands the physician’s diagnosis and treatment recommendations along with assisting the physician with any cultural factors that may affect the patient’s response to western medicine.
Patient Care Ambassadors
- Morning visits provide assistance with patient care needs.
- Assists caregivers in promoting continuity of care by tracking patients throughout their hospital stay.
- Provides communication assistance with physicians and caregivers.
- Facilitates coordination with ancillary departments to maintain a clean, comfortable, and safe patient environment.
- Facilitates effective communication by securing an in-house interpreter, CyraCom language line or, if appropriate, provides basic interpretation in primary language.